Free walker for seniors

Free walker for seniors

July 18, 2023   527

Walker for free

  1. According to , you can get a walker through Medicare Part B if certain conditions are met. These include having a prescription from a properly credentialed medical professional, the walker being medically necessary, and it being a cost-effective solution. Medicare Part B covers 80% of the approved price, and you'll be responsible for the remaining 20%. However, this cost may be covered if you have another private insurance or protection policy, or if you have certain Medicare Supplement plans. Before you request a walker, you should check to make sure your physician and the supplier are enrolled as participants in Medicare.

  2. Medicaid: Medicaid also provides coverage for walkers that are medically necessary. Medicaid coverage varies by state, but it generally requires the walker to be prescribed by a credentialed medical practitioner, the device to be cost-effective, and both the doctor and the supplier to be enrolled in Medicare/Medicaid for reimbursement .

The New York State version of the federal Medicaid program, called New York Medicaid, provides a range of services including medical equipment and appliances like walkers, wheelchairs, canes, and more. To be eligible, the equipment must be medically necessary, prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner, and meet your medical needs .

  1. Veteran’s Organizations: Some veteran’s organizations offer assistance to veterans in need, which may include providing walkers or other mobility aids.

  2. Other Agencies: There are numerous other agencies and programs that may provide free walkers to those in need. For example, organizations that accept donations of medical equipment may have walkers available. Some of these organizations include the Pass It On Center, UCP, Matthew 25 Ministries, Triumph Foundation’s Exchange section, REquipment, Advocates for World Health, and Project C.U.R.E.

Remember, while some of these options may fully cover the cost of a walker, others may only cover part of the cost. You may have to explore multiple options and see which one best suits your situation. Always verify the details with the specific program or organization before proceeding.

ProLife

Author
ProLife Home Care